We love designing products.aluminum.fine surface finishes.happy customers.
We are Wrengineering, Inc. an international company which has been operating in Angola, Indiana for over 20 years.
Our main capabilities are:
- 3D design from concept renderings through to production drawings, utilizing SolidWorks, Mastercam, and Fusion 360 software.
- FDM rapid prototyping using our Stratasys F370 3D printer and SCA3600 Support Cleaning Apparatus.
- CNC machining of 6061 Aluminum, Acetal Plastic, and 303 Stainless Steel, using Brother and Haas equipment. We focus on quality and an exceptional finish.
- Multi axis Turn-Mill capabilities with dual spindles and “Y” axis milling.
- Complete in-house inspection using our Renishaw Equator with Verisurf Software.
We currently design, manufacture, and assemble our own products, along with, Dental Training Devices, Camera Positioning Equipment, and products for several other companies. These products are distributed worldwide under various brand names by our customers and their network of dealers.
Wrengineering was founded by Chad Wren in a small garage behind his father’s real estate office in Angola, Indiana. During that time, he machined speaker boxes on an old wore out Bridgeport Knee Mill for a customer that sold products to the blind.
Chad moved the operation to the attached garage at his former residence. While there, a Lagun 3 axis CNC knee mill, a manual 6 x 18 surface grinder, and a small bandsaw were acquired. He spent a lot of late nights machining parts while his dog Ginger supervised. Also, many aluminum shavings were tracked into the house. Chad’s wife was not impressed by this.
The shop was relocated to a storage unit building owned by Jim Wren (Chad’s father). Three of the storage units were rented and remodeled for office and shop floor space. The business incorporated this year, soon hired its first employee, and a true CNC vertical machining center with tool changer was added to the operation. The company grew and expanded over the years, adding more customers, equipment, and workers. Eventually, the entire building was converted to machining area and office space to accommodate the growth.
Jim Wren retired from his real estate business and joined his son Chad in the company as a Partner.
Wrengineering purchased a 12,500 sq. ft state-of-the-art building, along with 4.5 acres to expand, and moved to its current location.